637. Hon ALISON XAMON to the Leader of the House representing the Minister for Culture and the Arts:
I refer to the answer to question without notice 604 of Tuesday, 11 June, about the government services provided by the State Records Office of Western Australia.
(1) Given that the government service “State Information Management and Archival Services” is no longer present in the 2019–20 state budget but continues to be delivered, how will the performance of this service be measured and reported?
(2) Will all the functions previously offered by the State Records Office continue to be delivered?
(3) If no to (2), which services will no longer be offered?
(4) Could the minister please specify the funding for the State Records Office for the 2019–20 budget?
Hon SUE ELLERY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) State Records Office services will be reported each year in the annual reports for the State Records Commission and the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries.
(3) Not applicable.
(4) The estimated budget allocation for the State Records Office for 2019–20 is $2.032 million from the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries’ total appropriation.