1108. Hon ALISON XAMON to the Minister for Education and Training:
I refer to the expected increase of more than 2 000 dwellings and 3 000 residents throughout the Subi East precinct.
(1) Has any modelling been done on the predicted number of additional primary school–aged students this development will bring to the area?
(2) Does the minister anticipate that a new primary school will be required in the area?
(3) If yes to (2), has a location been identified to place a new primary school and where is it?
(4) If no to (2), will the minister please identify where the new primary school–aged residents of this area will go to school?
Hon SUE ELLERY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) The Department of Education has undertaken a preliminary assessment of the “Subi East Draft Master Plan” published by DevelopmentWA.
(2) Once the detailed planning for Subi East has been completed, the Department of Education will be able to undertake a more detailed assessment to determine whether an additional primary school will be required.
(3)–(4) Not applicable.