1497. Hon ALISON XAMON to the Minister for Education and Training:
I refer to the implementation of the student management system across TAFE colleges.
(1) Has the Department of Training and Workforce Development undertaken any further review of the student management system since the papers provided as answer to my question without notice 604, originally asked on 16 August 2018?
(2) If yes to (1), will the minister please table that review?
(3) If no to (1), why not?
(4) What process is currently in place for lecturers and student administration staff to provide feedback on the functionality and processes for using the SMS?
Hon SUE ELLERY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) Yes. Reports have been prepared for the three regional TAFE colleges.
(2) Not at this stage. The reports have yet to be considered by the project steering committee.
(3) Not applicable.
(4) Each TAFE college has an SMS support team for staff and lecturers to which feedback on the functionality and processes for using the SMS can be provided. The department supports and regularly liaises with the TAFE colleges’ SMS teams.
Additionally, all TAFE colleges have joint consultative committee forums in which union representatives for lecturers and student administration staff can raise concerns regarding SMS functionality and processes.