2751. Hon Alison Xamon to the Minister for Education and Training:
(1) On how many occasions did schools report using protective isolation in 2019?
(2) How many students were subject to protective isolation in 2019?
(3) For the students from (2):
(a) what was the average number of times an individual student was subject to protective isolation in 2019;
(b) what was the maximum number of times an individual student was subject to protective isolation in 2019?
(4) Which schools reported using protective isolation in 2019?
(5) How many times did each school from (4) use protective isolation in 2020?
Hon Sue Ellery replied:
Protective isolation will be employed only where a student’s emotional and behavioural state presents an imminent risk of harm to self or others.
(1) 30 occasions.
(3) (a) On average, protective isolation was utilised 3.3 times.
(4) Newton Moore Education Support Centre
Wilson Park Primary School
Dianella Secondary College
Holland Street School
Roseworth Education Support Centre
Banksia Grove Primary School
(5) As of 17 February 2020, one school has reported the use of protective isolation four times.