328. Hon ALISON XAMON to the minister representing the Minister for Police:
I refer to the government’s trial of police and mental health co-response teams.
(1) Given the demonstrated success of the teams, will the government continue to fund them?
(2) If no to (1), why not?
(3) Will the government commit to rolling out the co-response model statewide?
(4) If no to (3), why not?
(5) If yes to (3), when?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question. The following information has been provided by the Minister for Police.
(1) The mental health co-response trial is co-funded and co-resourced by the Department of Health and WA Police. The trial is ongoing and will conclude in eight months. No comment regarding funding can be made until the trial has been evaluated.
(2) Not applicable.
(3) – ( 5) The trial will be evaluated and will form part of the joint business case to government, at which time a decision will be made.