719. Hon ALISON XAMON to the parliamentary secretary representing the Minister for Health:
I refer to the 2019–20 state budget and the need for a greater number of psychiatrists, as articulated in the 10-year plan for mental health, alcohol and other drug services.
(1) Has any funding been allocated to increase the number of addiction specialist psychiatry positions?
(2) If yes to (1), how many additional full-time equivalents will be funded?
(3) Has any funding been allocated to increase the number of consultant liaison psychiatry positions?
(4) If yes to (3), how many additional FTEs will be funded?
(5) If no to (1) and/or (3), why not?
Hon ALANNA CLOHESY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
Providing the information in the time required is not possible. I request that the member place the question on notice.