1343. Hon ALISON XAMON to the minister representing the Minister for Industrial Relations:
I refer to the proposal to transition local government from operating under the jurisdiction of the Fair Work Commission to the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission.
(1) Has the decision been made to transition local government from the FWC to the WAIRC?
(2) If yes to (1), when is it anticipated that we will see legislation to effect this change?
(3) If no decision has yet been made, when is a decision anticipated?
(4) If the decision has been made not to transition local government to the WAIRC, what was the basis for that decision?
(5) Have discussions commenced with the federal government to transition local government from the FWC to the WAIRC?
Hon ALANNAH MacTIERNAN replied:
I thank the member for the question. The Minister for Industrial Relations has provided the following information.
(2) It is anticipated sometime in the new year.
(3)–(4) Not applicable.