114. Hon ALISON XAMON to the parliamentary secretary representing the Minister for Health:
I refer to the “Western Australian Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex Health Strategy 2019–2024”.
(1) What measures are being undertaken to establish LGBTI-specific health services, including mental health services?
(2) Has any funding been allocated to establishing these services?
(3) Is it envisaged that this will be a community-managed health service?
(4) If no to (3), where in the WA health structure will the service sit?
(5) When is it envisaged that the service will be operational?
Hon ALANNA CLOHESY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) The initial focus of the strategy is on increasing awareness of the specific health and mental health issues experienced by LGBTI people, and inclusion through existing services. Establishing LGBTI-specific health services is a longer term approach.
(2)–(5) Not applicable.