915. Hon ALISON XAMON to the minister representing the Minister for Energy:
I refer to the installation of 4000 kelvin correlated colour temperature light-emitting diode streetlights across Perth by Western Power.
(1) In which suburbs have these streetlights already been installed?
(2) Would the minister please table the rollout plan for these streetlights; and, if not, why not?
(3) Will Western Power retrofit 3000K LED lighting in residential areas where 4000K LED lighting has already been installed?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question. The following information has been provided to me by the Minister for Energy.
(1) Western Power has installed these streetlights in Wembley, Melville, Menora, Nedlands, Claremont, Alfred Cove, West Leederville and Floreat.
(2) Western Power is working with local government authorities in relation to future installations of LED streetlights. During this process, Western Power will be working to resolve any issues it may have currently and as they arise. A more detailed implementation plan is expected to be finalised in early 2020.
(3) Western Power is required to act efficiently and in a commercial manner to minimise costs to taxpayers. As is its standard approach, Western Power will replace LED streetlights as they come to end of life. However, local government authorities may request and fund this work should they wish to replace these LEDs ahead of time.