355. Hon ALISON XAMON to the Minister for Education and Training:
I refer to the relocation of the International School of Western Australia from the City Beach high school site to the Doubleview Primary School site, and the government’s announcement that City Beach high school will not reopen.
(1) Does the need to relocate the International School of WA still exist?
(2) If yes to (1), please outline those needs.
(3) If no to (1), will the government consider renegotiating the agreement with the International School of WA?
Hon SUE ELLERY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) – (2) A contract was signed by the previous government to give effect to the relocation.
(3) No. The government has committed to all aspects of the previous government’s strategy, with the exception of building a high school at the City Beach high school site.