2745. Hon Alison Xamon to the minister representing the Minister for Housing:
(1) I refer to the THRIVE program, and I ask:
(a) how many public housing tenants have been offered the THRIVE program since its inception;
(b) how many public housing tenants have chosen to participate in the program;
(c) how many public housing tenants have successfully completed the program;
(d) how many individuals from (a) have subsequently had their public housing tenancy terminated; and
(e) how many individuals from (b) have subsequently had their public housing tenancy terminated;
(f) how many individuals from (c) have subsequently had their public housing tenancy terminated?
(2) On what date did the first THRIVE program participants begin the program?
(3) How are individuals referred to the program?
(4) Are individuals able to self-refer to the program?
(5) If no to (4), why not?
Hon Stephen Dawson replied:
(1) (a) Since 10 October 2019 (and as at 20 February 2020), 851 tenants have been nominated for the Thrive program.
(b) As at 20 February 2020, 367 tenants are participating in Thrive. A further 418 tenants are at the referral and consent stage of the process, and 66 referrals did not progress.
(c)–(f) Due to the Thrive program only recently commencing in October 2019, completion and termination data is unable to be provided at this point in time.
(2) The Thrive program commenced on 10 October 2019, with the first tenant beginning the program from 21 October 2019.
(3) Public housing tenants are referred to the Thrive program by the Department of Communities staff, through other government and non-government agencies and through self-referral.
(5) Not applicable.