1027. Hon ALISON XAMON to the Minister for Education and Training:
I refer to the planned introduction of a new student information IT system, WebSIS.
(1) When was the contract with Civica Education signed?
(2) What is the total cost of the project?
(3) How much has been spent to date?
(4) How much is it anticipated it will cost to make the software fit for purpose?
(5) When is it anticipated that the software will be ready to be piloted in schools?
Hon ALANNA CLOHESY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question. On behalf of the Minister for Education and Training, I provide the following information.
(1) The contract was signed on 9 June 2016.
(2) The total contract value with Civica Education is up to $32 million, including GST, over 10 years.
(3) Approximately $9.5 million, excluding GST, has been paid to the vendor for WebSIS.
(4)–(5) The previous government botched the delivery of the software program and, as a result, it is not able to be rolled out to WA schools. The minister is not willing to throw good money after bad fixing another Liberal–National government poor decision. Work on WebSIS will be scaled back while concerns with the program are being resolved. At this stage, it is not possible to determine the anticipated costs or time frame.