695. Hon ALISON XAMON to the Leader of the House representing the Minister for Child Protection:
I refer to the proposal to trial Aboriginal family-led decision-making.
(1) Which organisations or individuals have been consulted, or does the department intend to consult, regarding the trial?
(2) Have any resources been allocated to the trial?
(3) If yes to (2), what resources have been allocated?
(4) If no to (2), why not?
(5) When is it anticipated the trial will begin?
(6) Where is it anticipated the trial will take place?
Hon SUE ELLERY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) The Department of Communities has consulted with Professor Rhonda Marriott of Murdoch University. Communities intends to consult with relevant stakeholders via a series of round tables throughout July and August 2020.
(2)–(4) Resource requirements are currently being scoped and will be determined in the near future.
(5)–(6) The commencement date of the trial and trial sites will be determined as part of the co-design process.