534. Hon ALISON XAMON to the Leader of the House representing the Minister for Child Protection:
I refer to the minister’s Aboriginal advisory panel.
(1) On what dates has the panel met?
(2) Were proposed amendments to the Children and Community Services Act 2004 considered by the panel?
(3) If yes to (2), on what date was the panel first consulted about the amendments?
(4) If no to (2), why not?
Hon SUE ELLERY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) It has met on 5 December 2019 and 9 March 2020.
(3) The panel was first consulted on 5 December 2019. The amendments to the Children and Community Services Act 2004 were again discussed at the 9 March 2020 meeting. In addition to the above, panel members were individually consulted on 4 May 2020.
(4) Not applicable.