281. Hon ALISON XAMON to the Minister for Education and Training:
I refer to the report of the statutory review of the Teacher Registration Act 2012, tabled on 12 September 2018.
(1) Has the strategic implementation group now reported back to the minister?
(2) If yes to (1), will the minister please table that report?
(3) If no to (2), why not?
(4) Will the minister implement changes to the act recommended by the review?
(5) If yes, when will she do that?
(6) If no to (4), why not?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question. I provide this answer on behalf of the Minister for Education and Training who is away from the chamber on urgent parliamentary business.
(2) Not at this stage.
(3) I have asked the strategic implementation group to seek further legal advice.
(4) Yes; however, some recommendations of the review remain the subject of my consideration.
(5) As soon as practicable. The process for drafting legislation has commenced.
(6) Not applicable.