60. Hon ALISON XAMON to the minister representing the Minister for Planning:
I refer to the answer to my question without notice 10 asked on 13 March, in which it was stated that a subdivision application for the Shenton Park Rehabilitation Hospital site is currently under consideration, and the answer to my question without notice 590 from last year, in which it was stated that no further planning activities were required prior to clearing the bushland.
(1) When was the subdivision application for this site submitted to the Western Australian Planning Commission?
(2) Why was the subdivision application not mentioned in the answer to question without notice 590?
(3) Has LandCorp or the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage received any indication from the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation regarding the likely outcome of clearing application CPS 7781/1?
(4) If yes to (3), when was that advice or indication received and what was it?
(5) Which agency requested the suspension of consideration of CPS 7781/1?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) On 14 December 2017.
(2) No planning activities were contemplated at the time of question without notice 590.
(3) LandCorp has been formally advised by the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation that under section 51O(4) of the Environmental Protection Act 1986, “In considering a clearing matter the CEO shall have regard to any planning instrument, or other matter, that the CEO considers relevant.”
(4) It was a letter, received 6 February 2018.
(5) It was LandCorp.