1330. Hon Alison Xamon to the Leader of the House representing the Minister for Child Protection:
(1) Has the Government’s comprehensive response to the recommendations of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse been finalised?
(2) If yes to (1), when will it be publicly released?
(3) If no to (1), when is it expected to be finalised?
(4) Which individuals and organisations were consulted in the development of the response?
Hon Sue Ellery replied:
(1) The State Government’s comprehensive response to the recommendations of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse (Royal Commission) has been finalised.
(2) The State Government’s response was released on 27th June 2018.
(3) Not applicable.
(4) The following agencies were consulted in the development of the Western Australian Government’s six-month response:
Department of Communities;
Department of Justice;
Department of Education;
Department of Health;
Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries;
Department of Treasury;
Western Australia Police Force;
Mental Health Commission;
State Records Office;
Ombudsman Western Australia; and
Commissioner for Children and Young People.
Consultation has occurred with all Ministerial Offices and the following offices were provided with a draft Western Australian Government six-month response: Premier; Deputy Premier and Health; Attorney General; Education; Disability Services; Police; Corrective Services; Local Government and Culture and the Arts; Sport and Recreation and Volunteering; Youth.