748. Hon ALISON XAMON to the minister representing the Minister for Planning:
I refer to the City of Joondalup’s mapping of coastal hazard areas that shows a large proportion of Bush Forever site 325 from Hillarys Boat Harbour through to Ocean Reef Road as being likely to be severely impacted by coastal erosion over the next 50 years.
(1) Has work been undertaken on incorporating this information into the valuing and development of offsets for the proposed clearing for the land elements of Ocean Reef Marina?
(2) If no to (1), why not?
(3) If yes to (1), can the minister please table the document containing this information?
(4) If no to (3), why not?
(5) Will the government prioritise protecting our environmental assets from coastal erosion along with our infrastructure and private assets?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question. The following information has been provided to me by the Minister for Planning.
(1)–(4) Metropolitan region scheme amendment 1270/41, “Ocean Reef Marina Redevelopment”, remains under consideration by the Western Australian Planning Commission. A coastal hazard and risk management adaptation plan has been prepared in accordance with “State Planning Policy 2.6: State Coastal Planning Policy guidelines” to support the MRS amendment.
(5) The government has regard to environmental, infrastructure and other considerations when determining planning proposals in accordance with “State Planning Policy 2.6: State Coastal Planning Policy guidelines”.