893. Hon ALISON XAMON to the Minister for Education and Training:
I refer to the answer to my question without notice 827 regarding enrolment numbers at North Metropolitan TAFE.
(1) Is the minister able to provide accurate enrolment numbers for semester 1 of this year at North Metropolitan TAFE or not?
(2) If yes to (1), could the minister please provide the enrolment number for semester 1 of this year at North Metropolitan TAFE?
(3) If no to (1), could the minister please provide the student curriculum hours delivered by North Metropolitan TAFE during semester 1 of 2018?
(4) If no to (3), why not?
Hon SUE ELLERY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) No. As previously advised, full-year validated data as at 31 December 2018 will be available in April 2019. This will include any enrolments for semester 1 not captured in 30 June 2018 reporting. Entry of North Metropolitan TAFE enrolments is currently up to date.
(2) Not applicable.
(4) The Department of Training and Workforce Development only reports validated student curriculum hours at quarterly intervals, reflecting all enrolments recorded from the start of the calendar year. A count of student curriculum hours delivered by North Metropolitan TAFE as at 30 June 2018 will include activity extending across both semester 1 and semester 2 of 2018.
If the honourable member would like a briefing on understanding how the data is reported so that the member is not wasting a question that I cannot answer, I am happy to provide that briefing.