213. Hon ALISON XAMON to the parliamentary secretary representing the Minister for Mental Health:
I refer to public consultation undertaken by the mental health sub-networks to inform the development of a model for a trans-cultural mental health unit.
(1) Has a preferred model been presented to the Mental Health Commission for consideration?
(2) If no to (1), what is the expected time frame for a model to be presented?
(3) If yes to (1), does the commission support the proposed model?
(4) If yes to (3), when does the commission expect to commission a business case for the model?
(5) If no to (3), what steps are being taken ahead of finalising a mutually agreeable model?
Hon ALANNA CLOHESY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question. This question was answered on 13 March so the answer is accurate to that date. I am advised of the following information.
(1) Yes. A project proposal entitled “A model for an effective and sustainable state-wide transcultural mental health service for Western Australia” was presented to the Mental Health Commission on 6 March 2018 following in-principle endorsement by the mental health network executive advisory group.
(2) Not applicable.
(3)–(5) The Mental Health Commission is in the process of reviewing the project proposal and will progress actions as appropriate in discussion with other members of the executive advisory group.