1318. Hon ALISON XAMON to the parliamentary secretary representing the Minister for Mental Health:
I refer to question without notice 925 about the review of the clinical governance of all public mental health services. The minister gave an undertaking that no substantive changes would be undertaken until the review is complete.
(1) Is the North Metropolitan Health Service currently restructuring its mental health services?
(2) Is a recruitment process underway for any new substantive positions within the north metropolitan mental health services?
(3) If yes to (1) and/or (2), why is this occurring when a review of the clinical governance of all mental health services is underway?
Hon ALANNA CLOHESY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) Yes, the executive of the Mental Health, Public Health and Dental Services is being restructured.
(3) The restructure of the Mental Health, Public Health and Dental Services executive is appropriate operational governance and is required to enable a functional leadership. Stabilisation of the MHPHDS executive was a priority to ensure that the ongoing leadership and the service will be in a better position to respond to any recommendations from the clinical governance review.