480. Hon ALISON XAMON to the Leader of the House representing the Premier:
I refer to the merger between Lotterywest and Healthway.
(1) What provisions are in place to preserve the functions of Healthway as a body focused specifically on health promotion activities?
(2) Given that the interim report of the sustainable health review recommends a greater emphasis on prevention, is the government considering increasing funding to Healthway as an already established mechanism for prevention?
Hon SUE ELLERY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) There has been no change to the functions of Healthway. The administrative merger of Lotterywest and Healthway is intended to reduce administration costs and streamline service delivery. The boards of both Lotterywest and Healthway continue to operate independently and provide grants and sponsorships consistent with their relevant acts.
(2) This question is best directed to the Minister for Health.