971. Hon ALISON XAMON to the Minister for Education and Training:
I refer to clause 26, the sunset clause, of “Non-Legally Binding Commercial Lease Terms—203 St Brigids Terrace, Doubleview” and the recent decision by the north west joint development assessment panel to once again defer assessing the plans for the International School of Western Australia to share the Doubleview Primary School site.
(1) Will the government commence building prior to the nominated sunset date of 31 December 2017?
(2) Have the government and ISWA agreed to a different sunset date for this project; and, if so, will the minister please provide this date?
(3) If building has not commenced by the sunset date, will the minister commit to dissolving this agreement and letting the International School of Western Australia remain at the City Beach high school site?
Hon SUE ELLERY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(2) Yes. The last date for commencement of landlord work has been extended to 31 August 2018.
(3) That would be dependent on further negotiations with ISWA.