Gnangara mound - water trades
Date:Wednesday, February 23, 2011
3209. Hon Alison Xamon to the minister representing the Minister for Water
I refer to Operational Policy 5.13: Water entitlement transactions for Western Australia, and I ask —
(1) How many water trades, and for what volume, have occurred in the area subject to the Gnangara Groundwater Areas Allocation Plan, for the years -
(c) 2009-10; and
(d) 01 July 2010 to 23 November 2010?
(2) How many trades for each year have occurred where each party to the trade had or has calibrated meters?
(3) Is there a basic requirement that each party to the trade has calibrated water meters?
(4) If no to (3), why not?
Hon HELEN MORTON replied:
(1) (a) 11 trades with a total volume of 276 megalitres (ML) in 2007-08
(b) 54 trades with a total volume of 1871 ML in 2008-09
(c) 46 trades with a total volume of 2112 ML in 2009-10
(d) 9 trades with a volume of 130.77 ML from 1 July to 23 November 2010
(2) The data is unavailable.
(4) Meters are required where abstraction is greater than 500 ML/year.