Gnangara groundwater areas allocation plan
Date:Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Extract from Hansard
452. Hon ALISON XAMON to the minister representing the Minister for Water:
I refer to the Gnangara allocation plan, the foreword of which states that it is due to be “reviewed and updated by 2012”, and which later states that the review will incorporate and build on the recommendations of the Gnangara sustainability strategy.
(1) What is the current status of this review?
(2) When is an updated version of the plan expected to be released?
(3) Has the intended review of this plan been delayed by the refusal to release the final Gnangara sustainability strategy?
Hon HELEN MORTON replied:
I thank the member for some notice of the question.
(1) A review of the 2009 Gnangara groundwater areas allocation plan is in preparation for release later this year, as planned.
(2) The review will identify any updates and, if necessary, a time frame for replacement of the plan.