994. Hon ALISON XAMON to the minister representing the Minister for Finance:
I refer to the “Primary School Brief” and the “Secondary School Planning Guide” held by the Department of Finance as online password–protected documents.
(1) Why are these documents password protected?
(2) May I have access to these documents?
(a) If no, why not?
(b) If yes, may I share this access with interested constituents and community groups?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) The “Primary School Brief” and “Secondary School Planning Guide” are password protected for document control purposes. The purpose of these documents is to guide project teams responsible for building new school facilities. As these documents provide information related to the layout and design of these buildings, access is limited for security reasons.
(2) Parties with legitimate reasons for viewing the documents, including the honourable member, may arrange for access to these documents through the Department of Finance.
(a) Not applicable.