665. Hon Alison Xamon to the Minister for Education and Training:
(1) What percentage of the Department of Education’s employees were Aboriginal:
(a) at 30 June 2015;
(b) at 30 June 2016; and
(c) at 30 June 2017?
(2) What percentage of the Department of Education’s current employees are Aboriginal?
Hon Sue Ellery replied:
(1) The information is based on the Department’s Human Resource Minimum Obligatory Information Requirements (HRMOIR) provided to the Public Sector Commission. The Public Sector Commission calculates the Aboriginal percentage by including only valid responses to the diversity questionnaire. Valid responses may include Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander staff in positions pursuant to Section 50(d) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 who may not have completed the diversity questionnaire or choose not to disclose.
(2) 2.5% (as at 31 December 2017)