Bush Forever sites - development applications
Date:Tuesday, June 22, 2010
375. Hon ALISON XAMON to the minister representing the Minister for Planning:
I refer to the answer to question on notice 2328, which stated that there are currently six development applications affecting Bush Forever sites that have been referred to the Western Australian Planning Commission for advice.
(1) Can the minister please specify which six Bush Forever sites these are?
(2) Will the WAPC provide any advice to the proponents about these sites prior to the finalisation of the Bush Forever major metropolitan region scheme amendment finally announced yesterday?
Hon ROBYN McSWEENEY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) The six development applications affecting Bush Forever areas at 15 June 2010 were in Bush Forever areas 201, Koondoola regional bushland; 302, Swan River and Jane Brook, Ashfield to upper Swan; 341, Woodman Point, Coogee–Munster; 371, Serpentine River, Peel Estate to Serpentine; and, 457, 444 and 428—two applications—state forest 65 Pinjar Plantation.
(2) None of the sites listed in (1) were proposed to be rezoned to parks and recreation in metropolitan region scheme amendment 1082/33.